Saturday, April 16, 2022

Piece Meal Kind of Day - April 16th

Ohhhhhh so beautiful!!!!  Thank you for the picture Michelle!


These are the Easter Paskas made by Michelle with her daughter Cathy and grandson Owen!  Apparently he was right into the whole process this year!  Way to go Owen!!!  P.S. I love the bunny egg holders!

Yeah I had a lovely shopping visit with Nancy and then briefly saw Sylvia and Edna for pick up/drop offs. Then home as Audrey from SewPerks was coming over to trim down the insert she'd made me and now it fits! 


As a reward I picked up Edna on off to Jo Black's for coffee and shared AppleJack!  

After a bit of housecleaning I finished off the three fabric postcards so either Monday or Tuesday they'll be mailed off!

I decided I wanted to assist Monika Kinner with her fundraiser of donated fabric postcards for Ukrainian refugees support.

Here's snippets of her blurb!

" πŸ’™πŸ’›OK! It's official. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘The Ukrainian Museum of Canada will make the Yellow&Blue and Sunflower themed quilted postcards available in their Museum Gift Shop.

...

No individual will make money from these. 100% of proceeds will go to the Ukrainian Canadian Congress. They oversee Ukranian refugees coming to Canada. The Museum Gift Shop will take care of handling donations to them.

...

$20 will be the minimum suggested donation price that people will be asked to give in order to be able to chose a postcard to gift to someone. They can either take it home and mail it to someone they know, or they can leave a supportive message on it and the Ukrainian Canadian Congress / UMC will ensure it goes direct to a Ukrainian refugee family.

ISNT THAT FANTASITC!? "

Here are the first two I've made using FPP and machine embroidered seam embellishments. 



Their backs!

Also today I finished off my PFA Swap postcard and can post it here but not on the FB group.  

This was a "Using Batiks" theme and I decided to do a landscape, machine stitched raw edge appliquing the strips in place and finished off with a few tatted embellishments. I used Jane Eborall's Sun pattern and J&P Coats 70 thread but it was 2.25" - too big for this postcard - I've plans for it though! So I reduced the number of starting rings and stitches in all steps plus left out a row of rings and produced a 1.5" sun which worked!  



Well ahead of deadline and I'm very pleased. Now I can concentrate on quilting my mystery quilt between some fun stuff too!

No comments: