Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Catchup - April 3rd-5th

April 3rd

WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Joining Binding Ends


April 4th

Well after a month of not having a working landline (still accessed messages via email) nor continued uninterrupted video display on the TV (was away visiting friends then), today I sat on the phone with Shaw to fix this.  Phone is temporarily fixed but shouldn't be that way and TV they could not reset and think the box shuts off once too warm???  So Technician is coming Thursday to fix/replace what's needed.  

At least I found my Ukrainian readers, embroidery patterns and some info.  Also a travel game so it went where others are and other things into recycle!  Maybe I'll clear out more after his visit!!!

April 5th

This is exactly the method I use for my fabric postcards.  Thank you Monika Kinner!


It was lovely having a short walk with Edna this morning, beat the drizzle too! We walked to Tall Grass Prairie for our cinnamon buns, coffee at Tim's and back to her place to relax and enjoy our treats!  


Yesterday after my hair cut, I enjoyed a brief walk with Sylvia on her Seine River trail but had to turn around as part of the pathway was swamped! 


And here are two of Sylvia's quilts for future baby gift giving. 


Trouble holding my camera level.

And my one MPQ ABC quilt finished (from Trombo fabric donations).


Back to sorting my fabric strips by sizes getting ready for sewing log cabin quilt blocks at June's lake trailer park sewing/visiting week. This time with Sylvia, Pat, Edna and myself!!!

WOW, two days plus of sorting my two bags of strips by sizes and another bag of leftover mask fabric pieces. One bag is ready for Adeline in Kenora, she's gone through all those bags I had dropped off prior to the Covid shutdown! We've collected orphan blocks for her which she just LOVES stitching together for charity quilts! Also I found a started hand sewn HSTs project someone dropped off to me, that too I sorted by colour for Adeline. She'll have lots to play with when we finally get to Kenora again. I've one large bag full of smaller bags ready for wonky and regular log cabin blocks for the lake sewing/visiting week! These will be added to the bin of strips I'll pull out of the closet closer to departure date and combine! Gonna be lots of charity quilt tops sewn up this summer! Must find a fabric for centre squares and maybe sashing.

Tomorrow is back to my mystery bag quilt top now that my machine is home! 🤗

No comments: