Thursday, April 14, 2022

Catchup - April 9th-14th

April 9th

A short trip with Sylvia and Edna shopping.

April 10th

Hmmmmm, seems I've either forgot to post this or I just could not find it for my MPQ Show n Tell submission.

"Lakeside Beauty" my Colourways workshop with Brandy Maslowski, Quilter on Fire, through Cedar House Quilting, November 6, 2018.  We all raided her class stash to supplement our fabrics that were raw edge layered and embellished with trims and yarns then fancy stitches to anchor in place.  This was then trimmed and glued onto a canvas with edges painted  -  ready for hanging!  

This was an awesome workshop with a very talented fabric artist, thank you Brandy.  I had every intention to make this in every season but time has just escaped me.


WOW!!! It's been awhile from my last window pictures! But this caught my eye tonight!


Dang it, neither I nor my ticket buyers were lucky this year!


April 11th

Honestly I just don't see a spring blizzard coming tomorrow night etc! But then it was so calm when I met Nancy and with my walking sticks totally enjoyed our walking visit. Even had time for a Latte and cinnamon knot outside in this lovely morning. But noonish the winds sure picked up!!!

Nancy's view towards the Forks.


Well I just got home from a busy morning and finished off grocery shopping too. Lots of bare spots on shelves - I just got a few things.

Dang if this spring blizzard does happen we may have by Friday 30-50 cm or 12-20" of snow again with chances of 80 cm or 31" and high wind gusts too - YIKES!!!!! DAMN, I'd rather have had winter longer than the teasing of early spring, then winter returning again!!!

April 12th

Well I had a nice pre-storm visit with Sylvia. First off I took most of my electronic odds n ends to Equal Opportunities West for dismantling and proper recycling.

http://www.equalopportunitieswest.com/en/recycling

Then headed off to Marshall's to find backing for my ABCs quilts and Sylvia three fabrics for her new bed quilt. Afterwards I asked her if she'd like to go the Olive Garden for lunch as we were close and her reply was - "Oh yes I'd love to!" 😘 We both had one of our favorite choices!  

After dropping Sylvia off I rushed straight home to put my insert into my sewing table and start quilting my mystery quilt! ALAS it does not fit! 😒 Well I'll try and do my quilting this week and hopefully return it for correcting. But to disappointed to tackle my quilting so onto a fun project - batiks postcard! Stay tuned for updates!




April 13th

OH BOY, was up 8ish, cancelled my outing, back to bed, up 10ish and YOWSERS spring blizzard is landing!!!!!

Even my new windows are crying, not liking the abrupt change in the weather! At least the overly warm inside temperatures have decreased!!!

Guess it'll be a stay put sewing day till it lifts!


OMGG I don't believe this! A FIRST in all the years since this stupid bike lane (since a good third of the cyclists either are on the road most times the wrong way or on the sidewalk being a menace to pedestrians) was installed taking away part of the actual street! See after a major snowfall the actual pedestrian walkway and the roadway is being cleared! Honest I am totally amazed! The last two heavier snowfalls the bike lane was cleared 2-3 days BEFORE the sidewalk or the roadway! WOW!!!!

April 14th

Hmmmm still warnings of a spring storm but so far nothing like what they forecasted!

Anyways yesterday I needed a sun for one of my projects and found a tatting pattern by Jane Eborall using size 20 thread measuring 3.5 inches - way too big. But hey I've some of the finer tatting cotton J&P Coats 70, I've not tried so that's what I used, a first time that thin. It turned out 2.25 inches - still too big! 🤔 So I got an idea of reducing the pattern in size and that produced a 1.5 inch sun, a bit bigger than I wanted but usable! I've not buried the ends as they will be sewn onto items! Thank you Jane for your patterns you so generously share with tatters!

Jane's Sun pattern.

My reduced version!

The two together and to dazzle!

WOW!!!!


Well today I finished off the PFA swap postcard top for Batiks theme, just waiting to know who to send to so I can finish off and print off the backs to send out. 🤔

Also I finished off two tops for Monika Kinner's blue, yellow and sunflowers postcard donations for Ukraine refugees support. I'm thinking I might make some more, maybe same, maybe different, will see how my time goes! I just read Monika's post and the 20 she'd delivered have all been sold and $400 raised so far! 💞💞💞

Pictures will follow soon, unless swap recipient is my FB friend, then will be posted once received. 😉

No comments: