Friday, April 08, 2022

Catchup - April 6th-8th

April 6th

What a weird day!  Mother Nature is not sure if it's still winter or should be springtime!   It started out snowing and as I drove my nice clean white car to Charleswood to pick up recycled blue jeans it turned to light rain, you can safely say it's not so clean, but still better than the dirty!  On the way back it was snowing again and I saw this AWESOME looking pirates sailing ship and as I drove by I saw it had a gangplank from the back deck!  WOW what a play centre those kids have!

What?????

OMGG!!!!

I drove up closer for a clear pic.

Once home still snowing and now I'm back to my MPQ ABC Mystery bag quilt and now finished the quilt top and this evening pieced together the backing.  The light and dark fabrics were in the baggie I didn't use them on the front but desperately needed help on the backing.  

Pat Speth MAB Blocks #6 and #14!

One quarter closer view!

Opposite quarter closer view!

Leftover fabrics plus backing I bought.

Friday Sylvia will help me sandwich it then it's gung ho quilting it.  Actually my second large one - 65" X 79", hopefully my Brother machine cooperates!  I just might make the deadline with not much fabric left over.

April 7th

Ohhhh I had a very nice understanding Shaw tech in just now!  I am very pleased with the service provided by the call agent and the technician on this last call in!  The best I've ever received!  All old connectors replaced, new PVR box installed (can record 6 shows at a time - YEAH!!!) and new remote.  PLUS he asked a few questions and made suggestions similar to my recordings and set up the box, along with walking me through the new remote buttons.  Then he asked if I wanted my paid box or he could recycle - I said take it please as it had issues anyways.  I also asked what about the older pieces the other tech said I had to call in for return or recycling instructions, did that and was told take to a recycling depot, now those are gone too!  I offered him a cold bottled water early on as it's warm in here but he'd declined.  On the way out he changed his mind and I was glad to give him a bottle, was so thankful for his help!!!

Ohhhh boy I've finished two more of the flannel squares kids quilts today (some from the Trombo stash). These were prepped for the backing blanket type binding brought to the front and stitched in place. A first for me and so proud of myself to be able to finish both by myself after a brief demo from Sylvia awhile back! Pictures posted tomorrow after washing!

April 8th

What a day!!!! I've had a rough week with hip to ankle pain off and on again but I kept busy.  Over to Sylvia's for her help to sandwich my mystery quilt which went very well with the bedrisers to ease my backache! Then lunch together and the afternoon visit planning my quilting design while Sylvia sewed togther the backing she needs. 

As promised here are the two ABC quilts I finished off yesterday. 


Our afternoon tea was with fresh Easter bread, yummy!!!! 


Quilts are all washed and packaged for delivery to ABC today too! Now home to relax and hand stitch!

No comments: