Monday, December 14, 2020

Catchup - Dec 6th - 13th

 Dec 7th

WOW how 2 years time flies by when you're having fun after retirement! Keep going Janice!


Fellow coworkers. 

I totally agree on this even though I don't agree with his polictal views!

This I agree with wholeheartedly!


Dec 9th

WOW!!!! Wonder when I'll get back to my bobbin lace lessons and when I'll get to venture into more complex lace????





Dec 10th

OMGG Angela sent me this video and it just sent chills up my spine! I loved this for decades and these old guys still have it! ❤❤❤❤❤

Lion Sleeps Tonight


Dec 10th

Today was reveal at our ZOOM meeting so i can now post freely! Well Dec 4th Shannon and myself made our MPQ ornament exchange on her doorstep. Thank you Shannon for my lovely felt and embroidered red/green star! It's hanging on my TV cabinet as I don't have my tree up!



I can't wait for this!


Thank goodness this is a free online event! I'll have to see if there is a Harvest donation link too! I'd rather this than ticket prices!!!

Dec 11th

Merry Christmas to You (and your family)! I hope that Christmas brings you love and joy! Well that is however this Covid-19 allows us to celebrate! Safely please! 2020 sure fooled the world that is for sure! Many are sceptical, many are paranoid and many fear for their lives and livelihoods! All I can say is I am cautious and not really up to taking chances as I want to put this Coronavirus behind me and able to resume some kind of “normalcy” hopefully sooner than later! You all know the changes to “LIFE” as we knew it, so no point going on, except for the heart ache this has caused and the repercussions to families and friends that can never be righted! I can tell you that I’m missing visiting my family and friends, my outdoor travel adventures, my group quilting retreats and especially being pampered with eating out when and wherever and with whomever I love! Oh well, we are all in the same boat and hopefully this too will pass and we will be able to focus on the joys of living, family and friends again, probably with more emphasis on the heartfelt joys of living life more meaningfully! Take care and please stay safe enjoying life’s pleasures! And hopefully whenever some of these restrictions are lifted and it’s safe to gather in Winnipeg again, I’ll arrange lunch for whomever wants to venture out amongst people etc! Hopefully 2021 brings us all many new blessings!!!!!


WOW! What a surprise! I think this is the fastest mail delivery from me to Australia ever! See Bev P received my tatted exchange today, after my posting it Nov 18th! Thank you Bev for letting me know it arrived and just what you need for your guild project! The turtle is a free pattern by MC...H and Vidalia a teaching pattern on Georgia Seitz website. πŸ€—


I thank you Joan for this lovely poem in my Christmas card! Searching the web, I've found many similar poems, just gave up and typed it up lickety split to go back to my quilting!


Dec 12th

I've completed sending a few cards out!

Thank you Adele for the Seine River Retirement Residence address.


And I called my Auntie's River View Health Centre and was thanked for doing such! He mentioned one can mail or personally drop them to him and he'll distribute to those who don't have family near!


Dec 13th

What a lovely day for a walk on the Yellow, Blue then Green Trails loop. Just about got my head taken off by this Chickadee.



Picking up my supper here at the local Oakwood Cafe! Oakwood burger w baked beans and a bowl of borscht! Can't wait to get home for my feast! Dessert is fresh made cookies from Pat! Yummy!!!!


See what I'm doing while watching!

Holiday Train

It's virtual this year instead of travelling across Canada and the USA!





Kinda like the real thing but no cheers or crowds! 



Jojo Mason and Kelly Prescott - The Gift


Kelly Prescott  - This Christmas 


Logan Staats

I just love this song and antics!

Sure hope you return in real travel next year!

Dec 13th

Well here's what I was working on Γ¬n between a couple more quilting hangers. Okay here are the tatted button snowflakes I'd finished and the six I have left after my niece took four for gift giving! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— Will continue yet as there are 12 patterns so far.



OMGG am I ever thankful Edna and I got our walk in yesterday! At least we SAW the icy patches and avoided them most of the time! It was hard enough for my sore hip trying to be so careful not to fall that even with walking sticks I ached! Miss Edna just boogied ahead stopping periodically to let me catch up! It was a lovrly day though! Look what today is bringing us! With all the ice underneath it would be treacherous! Be careful if you're out and about!


Well I've finally completed this past week's projects. In between the two quilted hangers I tatted up 10 button ornaments and my niece took 4 for gift giving. The Li'l Red Truck hanger was ordered for Karen's daughter and mailed off today and the country scene one is mine. During this last one my trusty old Kenmore decided it didn't want to sew through Lite Steam a Seam 2 either (my Janome totally refused to begin with this) and thread kept breaking every 6" until I just ignored it and finished up. 


Now to scrounge up cat related fabrics for two requested Christmas masks.

Dec 14th

Ohhhhh I just πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– my winter corner!


No comments: