Friday, February 07, 2020

Catch Up At Katsu's

Feb 2nd

Hmmmm I thought I brought all I needed to finish off the gold tone angel but nope so could only finish off the Irridescent one, but that's the one I need this next week.  Now this one I tried a different neck option and like it bestest! Also never thought of displaying it on a mirror, thank you Joan n Harold for the heads up with your snowflake!



Finally he's come to sit with me but not for long as he spotted his piggy and off he went on his crazy racing!


Feb 4th

Had a few errands to run this brisk day and so thankful the sun is shining!!!  First stop was to Iona's and talk about a really cute wire yard ornament!


Then got my computers back from my techie, soon back to sorting my Auzzie/NZ pics that he found for me!  Quick stop to see Pat and then back to Katsu who had a ball racing around me and cracking twigs in the back yard!  I always wondered why there were so many small pieces to gather up!  Found out REAL fast today when I picked up a longer branch on the path JUST to have it snatched from me and promptly snapped into pieces!  Even too fast for a decent pic!!!!  😬 🤣🤣🤣



Now warming up with a carmel creamer Nespresso before sewing!


Yummy!!!!  My go to meal - baked salmon, yams and brussel sprouts n garlic!  Glass of wine tonight!


WOW!


Feb 5th

OMGG!!!  I can't believe it's two years since I was gifted this baby!  It sits proudly in my living room, I ordered a couple of spool holders as I seemed to have lost it's in the move AND I've yet to sit down to sew on her! ONE of these days I will.  BUT I've decided she needs an antique like dust cover made from my collected RR crazy quilted blocks.


IT'S AN AWESOME WINTER DAY OUT THERE TODAY!!!!

I had to convince Katsu to go out, me definitely over dressed after a couple blocks walking, ohhh wellll!  I was thinking here's me in black boots n red parka and Katsu red booties n black coat and how I wanted a picture.  OHHH the stars aligned and soon a young lady was walking towards us and kindly agreed to take one for us!


But I truly should have put a stop to his wandering route earlier and turned him homeward, against his desire!  WELL both of us afterwards are too exhausted, even for his piggy chase!  Will have to turn him home sooner for both of us!



Feb 6th

Yeah Pat and I are going to this game huge thank yous to Florence and Wayne!


Feb 7th

OMGG on mornings like this I wish I didn't have to go for a walk!  At least the wind calmed down and I know Katsu won't want to stay out long!  Last night was only 2 km in total to do his business and back home.  Maybe this morning too!  Then a sewing day!


Actually it was OKAY for our short walk as assumed!  He was quick, did his business, turned and home in 2 km!  If it wasn't so tough to breath, I'd not have noticed the cold!  AND it warmed up in the afternoon.


Finally, while listening to two of Fern Michaels audiobooks, and after a week of piecing I've completed the wall hanging top even if it had it's issues.  See I MISCOUNTED TWICE the number of 1" sized HSTs and squares needed!!!  Actual count:
36 rows x 2/row = 72 - 1" black squares
36 rows x 4/row = 144 - 1" HSTs
They finished off to 1/2"!
UGH! UGH! UGH!


I pray the maple leaf FMQing goes lots easier and faster than the piecing did!!!

Then I worked on a postcard, one day destined for CUBA!  That's still a work in progress.


After this I'm spending the evening relaxing!

No comments: