Saturday, July 14, 2018

Week"s Catchup!

July 9th

Well today was a quiet day and basically sewing for me and appointments and shopping for Sylvia and a bit of woodworking for Len.  So I've started marking the Canada duvet top and quilting it row by row.  I LOVE it and this is my own idea after altering a maple leaf image.  Dang I pray I can finish it by Wednesday night as I'm heading back Thursday morning.  Thank you Sylvia for the pictures and just realized I'm wearing my Canada tshirt!



July 11th

Well about 9:30ish I've completed the Canada duvet top quilting and as I removed the washable markings I noticed a few of the reds bleed a bit!  Dang it - I prewash and dry my fabrics!  Now before seeing the duvet I have to try correct this and pray it doesn't worsen!

So packed up now ready to head back home tomorrow.  Its thundering here so hope I get some sleep through it.

July 12th

What a very warm day to be travelling!  I stopped to see Sylvia and Len and friends on a paddle boat ride on Eagle Lake at Vermillian Bay but the water was to choppy for Len so Sylvia got the car to pick him up.  But it my first viewing of a scruffy deer until I saw that long full tail and it turned to me and I'm guessing it's a wolf - mix of sand and dark brown fur just east of Chadwick Lake on my way to Kenora.  Then passing through after a visit with Adeline and Bill I saw this young fawn with spots still and quite frisky.  Now heading on again.





July 13th

Dang it's hot and I'm glad I'm out of my sweltering apartment this weekend.  And here we're all relaxing inside with the AC!  Awesome!  Not sure which pose I like of the young ones!




And here's my completed first piece of my bobbin lace pillow tote.  It's all hand pieces of gifted African, Batik and other fabric strips.  I've finally got the hang of hand piecing and eyeballing straight 1/4 inch seams.  Thank you Adeline for your guidance.  And pleased I'd picked up this trusty  seam roller at my class at Cedar House Quilting which helped keeping things nice and flat without an iron etc.

No comments: