Thursday, July 05, 2018

July 4th and 5th

Happy 4th of July to my American friends!  Enjoy your holiday!


WOW what a lovely day out on the highway to Dryden.  Stopped to visit Adeline and Bill in Kenora and now on the last leg!  Also stopped at Born to Quilt and took pictures of the different fabrics that I used in my 2-fabric bargello that many have asked me.  It's gonna be nice to be out of my overly warm apartment!



July 5th

OK last night I planned out my pattern for quilting this little table topper and Sylvia helped me with a few pointers.  So thank you Sylvia.  Then I made my template before stopping.

This morning I marked the topper and also free hand drew a similar pattern onto a practice piece before quilting.  I'm happy with this so now onto the topper.  Hope it's a good day!




I'm enjoying my retirement gift!

It's turned out just lovely after pressing.

OMGG I'M  STUFFED!!!!  Sylvia made my favourites all in ONE meal too!  Awesome pan fried liver and onions, beet leaf buns and corn on the cob!!!  We all had second helpings and it was so tempting to have more so I took my plate to the sink and left the table!  LOL!!!  I even said dessert is on hold for awhile!

Talk about a power packed sewing day for me.  Sylvia did a bit but it was mostly a baking and  cooking day for her.  After that table topper I pulled out the Oct 2016 OMA's retreat Fold, Tear, Drop and Pass baby quilt project.  I'd sewn the top then and now sandwiched and quilted it.  I decided on my own simple quilting pattern but this polyester thread would not stay with the lock stitch so every block I had to pull to the back, knot and bury both ends - dang it - why didn't I do a continuous quilting pattern!!!  Oh well I LOVE the outcome and depending on what Sylvia has planned for me to help out with or I'll square it off and sew on the binding.  I'm feeling more comfortable with my Brother quilting machine now and think I can tackle the Canada duvet quilting next!


That's it for today!  Actually with the breeze it was a nice day!

No comments: