Friday, July 06, 2018

Another UFO Completed

This morning Sylvia and I dug out holes for the bushes we'll plant tomorrow, cut grass out of one of the flowerbed while she sprayed the weeds and gathered twigs from the front yard in time for the lawn service work.

YAHOOOIIEEE!!!  I managed to finish off my Fold, Tear, Drop n Pass baby quilt from OMA's October 2016 retreat - 2017 was cancelled due to South Beach renovations - just in time to hand it over to Adiena this October's retreat.  Loads of fun and participation!  It was a group project for a donation to a hospital she organized.  I even did an awesome job of sewing the binding on by machine even though I totally forgot that method and prepped the binding without the quarter inch extra fabric.  Again Sylvia to the rescue telling me to just slide the binding over an 1/8 inch from edge.  It worked!  So tonight it's to prep my template for the Canada duvet and hopefully get that quilted before Wednesday.

More yard work early tomorrow.


1 comment:

Renee said...

What a cute quilt! Congratulations on a darling finish.