Monday, February 27, 2017

Day 2 Creative Challenge

I then started on my quilting road with this Phaleonopsis pattern from Keepsake Quilting and finished it in three months (80 hours).  Yep my first major project by myself in hand needle turn applique using silk threads!  Actually Orchids Forever was displayed at the local 2000 Orchid Show and Competition the week after I finished it and won a Red Ribbon (was even offered $300 cash on the spot - but could not part with it), then at our Red River Exhibition where it also won a ribbon and then at our guild's quilt show but no ribbon there. I'm still very proud of it and once Christmas is over it goes back onto the wall in my entrance way (bought a simple but lovely hanger) - you can see it from just about any direction. I keep thinking I'd rotate from work and home but it seems to just stay put here with me - LOL!


Today I nominate Audrey to post something creative each day for 7 days and nominate someone each day as well.

No comments: