Monday, February 27, 2017

Day 1 Creative Challenge - Feb. 26, 2017

My friend Melissa Marginet and an awesome quilting teacher nominated me for a 7 Day Creative Challenge on Facebook.  Hope I can do it justice.

DAY 1 Creative Challenge.  I keep forgetting about "how" I got started in this madness! Yep that orchid one is basically the "first" major project I've done (shown tomorrow). But about 2003 five years before that I made my first actual project - a large tumbling blocks cushion top I did with Sylvia (worn out now)!!!

Then with a co-worker's guidance and a number of tried and true shortcuts, purchased the right tools to do the job right, I practiced first on this small 6" square of appliqued robin on a branch with cherries to understand what I had to do (check out the uneven binding!!!). Well that baby was done like overnight and poor Shirley didn't know what hit her as she unleashed a stitching demon and I've not stopped since - hand needle turn applique is still my #1 favourite.



Today I nominate Linda to post something creative each day for 7 days and nominate someone each day as well.

No comments: