Monday, February 13, 2017

2017 Year of Stitches - Week #6

That I'm still keeping up with this project!  It was too late yesterday or early this morning to try and upload and then was out till late afternoon.   My friend Angela commented it would be neat to know how much time it took for each step - so this week I made note of the time in my booklet next to each entry.  Now I'm not sure I really want to know this.  LOL!!!  Obviously I'm just as slow a stitcher as a reader I am!!!  This week the two projects took a total of 13 hr 30 min - YOWSERS!!!!

The Annual Panel has a Chicadee bird, French Lavender - Lavandula dentata, Hollyhock - Alcea rosea  (previously Althaea rosea ), Chinese Forget-Me-Not - Cynoglossum amabile, Cyclamen - Cyclamen hederifolium, English Primrose - Primula vulgaris, Lily of the Valley - Convallaria majolis.   This stitching stretched out to 7 hrs and 50 minutes on the panel.  On the Rose Table Topper I traced one fern like stem on one side, satin stitched the centre vein and outlined it.  Then I satin stitched 8 lower branched out leaves and outlined them.   The topper stitching stretched out to 5 hrs 45 minutes.  This is sure going to be interesting as its taking a while for nice smooth filling in.  The rose will be surrounded on all sides with these fern like stems.  This week's total stitching amounted to 13 hrs 35 minutes.









No comments: