Saturday, February 19, 2011

Another Weekend Cleaning?

OK I can't take anymore cleaning so I've tossed a load of laundry in and now playing!!!  My poor hands are so tender from the cleaner but I just can't stand rubber gloves!!!  AND my own attempt at a nicely managed manicure is now in shreds too!!!

BUT not sure if you remember an earlier post about "Shine your Sink" as the first step after I had joined FlyLady, but here is the result of only one part of the counter cleaned along with the sink - not much after that.
Results after FlyLady Shine Your Sink!
NOW here is the WHOLE counter all cleared off and completely cleaned even with a knife along the metal cornerings, then wiped down with Lysol wipes and the mic all cleaned (even vacuumed the back vents) and put back minus all the cluttered recipes!!!  I even have the decorative plate my niece made me in ceramics behind the taps as decor.

Now here's the WHOLE counter all cleaned!
And here is the opposite side of the galley kitchen which took AGES to clean as all appliances needed lots of TLC and elbow grease to get that shine back!!!  Yes the smaller things were removed and the counter totally degreased and then sanitized before all the appliances were tackled.  My toaster was going to be pitched out as it was so dull etc WELL that's like brand new until you see inside and it is used!  LOL!  Next I tried cleaning the kettle which again was going to be pitched but HECK it too came clean - WOW!!!

Now here's the opposite side all cleaned!
Then I removed the items from the fridge top - some chucked and some put inside the cupboard instead and it too was wiped down and back to order.

Even the fridge top!
That's enough cleaning for today!!!  BUT shoot that's awesome seeing such results from two weekends of attempts at cleaning!!!  I can do it!  I will do it!!!  Yes the rest will be done soon too!!!

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your kitchen looks amazing! I did a little kitchen clean-up today, too. The intense stuff will have to come later. I sure hope my final results look as good as yours!

Unknown said...

Wow you have been busy.. Now for crafting :))

Joy said...

Good Job Girl! It looks nice and clean and organized. Would you like to come and do my sewing room? It would probably take you a couple of weeks!!! :)

Judy said...

When you get done cleaning your place, wanna come do mine? Just kidding! I have no energy at the moment. My boss is in your neck of the woods where his mother is ill, so I am working his hours as well as my own, and I decided this would be a good time to have a cold, too. Today is a provincial holiday, so I have been resting and reading and stuff like that.
Hot chocolate sounds like a plan, though. You just need a cat, to be sure that you don't import any more mice...