Saturday, December 01, 2007

Hardanger Update

Well Friday evening I felt too worn out to do anything that needed heavy concentration as it was a busy day at work - seemed like everyone knew I needed to be left alone to do some catch up and it worked some! It was also a tough day as Suki was preparing for vacation and was also trying to ensure I knew what was changed in the Markets since I have to step in to carry that load too. Needless to say it will be a rough December for me.

Anyways, I just did some brainless crocheting of kitchen towels as co-workers are asking for them for gift giving and then read the evening away. That felt good. Then I woke this morning kinda refreshed, had breakfast and 9:30 was stitching on the hardanger class project.

And after a couple of reading email breaks I can proudly announce that I've completed the stitching on all the necessary pieces for Tuesdays last class, that is his robe, vest, sleeves, and cape. I've got to cut all these pieces out and wash/press them along with some presewing so I'm more free to assemble than stitch up during class. Yes I still have to embellish the Sack and hopefully I can do that today too then tomorrow I'll do all the cutting in the morning when more with it and with the window lighting too. I don't need mistakes at this point of the project. (chuckling)

I'm kinda getting excited again with this Father Christmas like when I signed up for the class. I've even a neato porcelain head with arms that looks like a Father Christmas and my teacher added some wool and made her's more realistic - gonna have to find mine too and see if I want to try that or not.

Yes, it definitely is close to picture taking time so who knows maybe next week he'll be blogged!!! Stay tuned!

So then onto the long overdue postcards and then the Christmas ornaments. It's coming together slowly but surely.

No comments: