Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Post-Christmas

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
and other such carols
were sung at Dad's this holiday season!

No matter what gifts were exchanged or if any at all, the most memorable this year in my mind was when two sets of grandchildren alongwith their children gathered for Dad and sang! He was just smiling!

Yes Christmas Eve, one grandson and his young family arrived after supper for a visit and their toddler entertained Dad off and on with her antics and before leaving they all sang so lovely and many of us there joined in too.

Then Christmas Day there was only Dad and I when another granddaughter and her young family arrived on their way through town to my sister's and visited a spell with us. They all sing in their church choir and the oldest said I had to lead them - UMMM YEAH RIGHT! - but I did join them with the help from their Hymm book until she choice one I did not have a clue of at all and then just joined Dad and listened with smiles.

Yes he was very pleased that they do drop in - even bearing homemade cookies for him too - that too brought a smile to his face. And before Christmas another grandson and his wife stopped in to drop off some food from another sister and they got rooked into putting up Dad's decorations, well that made his day as I'm sure it was bugging him that his were still in the closet and others' had theirs up and blinking.

Yep, I did have a very nice visit this Christmas with him and the family and the weather cooperated after a slight wintery start. Now it's back to work tomorrow and no more holiday fare or spirits (hmmmm not that I had any anyways)!!!

No comments: