Sunday, December 30, 2007

Winter Trials

My My My, the Good Lord is sure testing me and my patience with this winter driving lately. Today was fine until I hit Falcon Lake and then it started gusting and twisting me this way and that and then the snow started falling and naturally when oncoming traffic passed - white out conditions. It seemed a might slick on the highway but not that bad until I entered Ontario and then it was like night and day - snow everywhere and looking like a beautiful winter Christmas card! I just wanted to stop the car and go X-C skiing but I didn't have the gear with me so maybe walking BUT there definitely was no safe place to pull over and park and be visible either. Then around Clear Water Bay I swear that's where one would find "picture perfect scenery" right now but like I said the conditions by then was heavy snow with reduced visibility so I just kept going at 80 klicks and only a few passed me but very carefully too.

So yes I've arrived safe and sound, Adeline fed me spaghetti and now we're both a stitching and gabbin! Ohhh and her cat insists she's sitting on or near me and definitely wants pets so will have to limit my contact and keep my Benedryl close by to enjoy these days.

CU!!!

No comments: