Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Sooooooo CLOSE!!!

Ohhh I tried very very hard but just could not finish the sack so my Father Christmas could be totally together tonight! But here are the robe and cape pieces before the French seams and gatherings sewn.



Oh well I've finally got some pictures for you (minus the sack- maybe later this week). I used a taller slimmer water bottle partially filled with sand for my base, covered with some type of sand lining I think. Here his head is attached and the robe added. You can see the cape together, sleeves with arms anchored and the vest on the table. The red cardinal I was planning as a prop on his walking stick.



And here he's semi together and looking more with it! Thank goodness the cape will be covering him as I attached his arms too low as is.



And the back view too - the pin is holding it together so I can anchor the slit closed and keep the stress point to a minimum on this looser woven fabric.



VOILA! And here he's together with his walking stick and poinsettia!



Now I must say that I got the gears for adding bling to my Father Christmas but all I could see was all the GOLD embellishments on our Priest's robes (Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church) and just could not resist adding some to MINE!!! I just LOVE him and can't wait to see the sack completed and stuffed with the goodies I found in my stash. I'm also going to find my fine wool and add cover his hair, beard, moustache and eyebrows for a more realistic look.

Now here's mine with Mrs. T's shop samples to show you - yes Carolyn's own angel that some of the gals were making (all just lovely too with lots of bling added for awesome effects) and her Father Christmas (Old World look) too. Yes, I too was thinking at first to use the green and then gave in when I saw the wine but OHHHHH talk about torture stitching that darker colour. BUT in the end it's finished and I'm very happy with the overall effect.



Can you believe it I just about have a totally FINISHED class project???

3 comments:

Joy said...

Rose Anne, it is LOVELY!

Well done!

Faye said...

Rose Anne, your work is beautiful... You must be very proud of this piece? Well done.
hugz - Faye

Unknown said...

A very classy Pere Noel. Impressive.