Thursday, March 18, 2010

Windy Winnipeg

SHEESH talk about the possibility of getting blown to OZ today! I'm glad I didn't change into my light track jacket or I'd have froze out there, it's getting quite nippy and I made it back before any rain started, but it was getting DARK out there. Those gusts are up to 48 km/hr and just about blew me into traffic on Osborne St and I kept to the inside edge of it too!!!

This morning I charged up my MP3 and then stretched my calves before starting out. I had the ABBA album to walk to and boy talk about a good beat to keep a brisk pace and I added another two blocks and kept to traffic lights for crossing instead of the one nearer to work which is uncontrolled and traffic always zooms around that corner picking up speed from the previous intersection. I even continued stepping in place at the red lights so my calves were mucho better afterwards - stretched again too.

I think I would only need to pick up a t-shirt in that wicking wear for now as the rest of me I think is OK but like Angela said it's cheaper at Zellers or Walmart but I noticed walking over loose pebbles caused my foot to rock within my current walkers so those are more important at this time.  Guess I know what I'll be looking for on Saturday!

WOW I just heard the weather and the gusts are to go up to 70 km/hr but they've changed the report and we're not expected to have snow overnight now.  We'll see.

No comments: