Friday, March 19, 2010

Assiniboine River Flooded

Now this is only 6 days after my fall and 5 days after those 24 hour photos!!!  Now relax I used the tele function and did not get as close as the pictures seem!  Hmmmmm is there really a riverwalk below this water - and the crest is a ways away yet too?  Yes there definitely is (and it happens like twice a year for weeks on end every year) along with about two feet of sloped riverbank!!!  I can’t believe this – it came up so fast and weeks sooner than originally forecasted.  I think in my next life I will not live anywhere near low lands!!!



I think it was Wednesday when I went for a walk over the bridge to Safeway for some goodies and was shocked to see the Assiniboine River level up close to the quarry rocks that I was walking on on Saturday – the river was like 3 feet below and under ice. Well guess these spring like temps sure speeded up the thaw and I’ve heard it’s caught many south of the US/Canada border unawares too. Timing totally off this year. BUT the good news is it’s not supposed to be a really bad flood situation this year – let’s hope and pray for that being so!!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Rose Anne, I have not been following my blogs of late - maybe it has something to do with working two jobs and having another UTI attack... But when I read that you had such a serious fall! I was shocked! So glad that you are doing better, that you were just shaken up, rather than seriously injured!!!! Take care of yourself, my dear!!