Monday, March 01, 2010

Another CQd RR Block Finished

Yes I've finally moved on a SewBuds crazy patch block from last summer, now just one more and then I'm totally caught up with tardy blocks in my possession!!!  I guess deadlines are good so maybe I'll have to self-impose a two month target for this group for myself!!!


OK here is Dorothy's block and I had ideas popped to mind as soon as it arrived and I jotted that down right away - good thing considering.  So first I the beaded paisley on the preprinted fabric. See I had bought this beaded braided trim but knew I’d not use it as is so spent some time sorting the various beads and stitched the braid by itself in the lower right corner awaiting embellishing. The beaded paisley was surrounded with Neon Rays ribbon in colonial knots.  Then I worked a Very Velvet bullion knot rose on the adjoining seam with Neon Rays ribbon the vine, fern and lazy daisy leaves and added some matching rosebuds in bullion knots to finish off.




Now I added to Margaret P’s bird patch two matching tatted butterflies BUT only with pins – these can be removed. I was not sure if I should add to someone’s patch or not.


Then I’d received the OK to try and stitch Jane’s lovely hatching - so that filled the patch below the braid in #12 perle cotton hand dye from Yarnplayer and then added tiny gold metallic beads to the centres. It was finished off with Japanese Buttonhole Silk #72 for lazy daisy leaves on sides.



So now it's winging it's way for the next in rotation to work on it - Candi!

No comments: