Sunday, February 10, 2008

Next Purge - On Hold a Bit!

... Is the sewing room next, or did you handle that yesterday, too? Can you get your machine back in there now? ...

I had to chuckle as this was in an email to me and thought I should blog my answer.

YOWL, Angela had one look in there (and that is mucho better laid out than it was before Linda helped me a while ago) and she was just "ITCHING" to tackle it but I said "NO I could not handle anymore today"!!! So this was mentioned numerous times that she would love to come again when my pantry unit is ready for storage and help clear out and sort my stuff with me and then she'd sit and shred more bills n statements while I put the fabrics away how I would use them!!! WOW I think she's one silly girl for punishment! But then she did say I was just so overwhelmed with the clutter that I just did not know where to start and that was where she was good at - you're not kidding!!! Little did I tell her that I have no clue except maybe by Christmas, Oriental, Batiks, Holidays, Landscape and then free for all by "colour". Well then I'll have the plastic towers on wheels for my crazy patch fabrics and the hodge podge pieces I've gathered. I hope that will work cause I sure as heck don't want to tackle that again!!!

So I've just heard from Sylvia and I have to wait till the other Pantry goes on sale (taller one - this week is the shorter one - shoot) and then we'll tackle that whenever she has some free time again. Only my serger is in that sewing room and it was accessable until we moved one cube unit into there so now I've got some maneuvering to do but hopefully I don't need that machine too soon. Yet it would be lovely to get my sewing machine back into the sewing room and set up my ironing board in there too. It's small but if things were put away then I'd have the floor room. Plus I have quite a number of plastic bins that have fleece and other garment sewing fabrics in it which I'm not going to use now, so that will have to be purged and then hopefully some shelves in there and the batting and other stuff off the floor and into there! Okay that's enough on this purging, my toe is throbbing just thinking!!!

YES I have pictures of that sewing room as of Feb. 8/08 but you'll have to wait till I have the after ones taken to see the before and after!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

It's a good thing you have a friend to help you focus. Sometimes things just *are* overwhelming. If someone gets you started on step one, and then points out step 2, you can get going, but otherwise, it's just impossible!