Thursday, June 03, 2021

Catchup - May 31st-June 3rd

May 31st

Working on my mini mini but gosh are those 3/4" paper pieced blocks challenging!

June 1st

Today I tried "pojagi" a Korean sewing technique via O Canada Sew Along by Elizabeth of EPIDA Studio!  I found this Maple Leaf pattern challenging but my sister Sylvia helped me out!  Looking forward to finishing it soon.

June 2nd

Dang I totally forgot about my We Are Sisters mystery quilt needed for mid-June! I sandwiched it earlier but set it aside to finish off the RCMP quilt then started to play a little. So I set aside the mini mini and started quilting this baby! Will be finished this weekend. I like it so far!

Well I did a marathon quilting/sewing session and FINISHED off the We Are Sisters quilt. Just need to take a picture tomorrow! That's 8 hours quilting, supper and 3 hours binding was pushing it for me! But it's FINISHED!!!! Just needs washing then it can be donated to MPQ ABC program.

Love the centre quilting I did,
Sylvia suggested the V in the white!

Sylvia suggested the 1/4" inside the ribbons quilting and I just loved it!

Just love my sisters!

WOW, I'm impressed!

June 3rd

Thanks for sharing this Karen!

Yes it also stopped wasps last fall from coming in through the old not sealed screens/windows of my apartment! Apparently another couple weeks and might have new windows installed!!!!




Yeah, I finally after two days of 8 hours of sewing sewing at Sylvia's, completed our maple leaf hangers. Mega thanks to her for helping me over the problem areas and I'm very happy with it. Here are ours side by side and my individual pictures. And I'm going to try make a fall maple leaf, hopefully it'll go smoother with notes I've made! Lovely idea for window decor by Elizabeth from Epida Studio and "pojagi technique"! 
Taken at Sylvia's. 

On my 6th floor apartment window. 

In the trees at the Legislative Building. 

Hanging out with the Golden Boy! 

No comments: