Monday, November 25, 2019

Catch Up - Nov 22nd - 25th

Nov 22nd

Today I'm not doing what I should, instead I tried to tat with size 60 thread (at least I think it is) for miniature dollhouse accessories! Thank you Deana for the book, I think it's one you gave me!  Yeah I probably need my head examined, at least it wasn't the size 80 it called for, see the smallest I've gone was size 40 with major difficulty.  Not bad though, just tiny starting ring to hold onto!



Nov 23rd

I've heard of a couple men in our groups but this is awesome to see!

Nov 24th

Totally agree with this.  Also stop changing other things like our anthem by those fuss pots into making things politically correct.  Also you can't change what was done historically, that's maybe a sad fact but still fact, maybe learn to do better from it.


WOW!  Going to have to try this out from salvaged sweaters!


Nov 25th

Today was our 9-4 free motion quilting class at Cedar House Quilting with Inez Drummond!  I felt bad for everyone as my leaving at 7:50 am, and even early picking up Edna, just got us there for 9 am so it was a bit rushed getting ready!  We barely used the 14" practise piece, just jumped right in there on the 14" by WOF sandwiched piece, using Aurafill 50/2 thread.  Now if someone would have told me before this class that you can do straight line quilting with an FMQ foot I'd have said "Ahhhh no way Jose!" - but she proved me wrong!

It was a GREAT class with an AWESOME instructor and enthusiast quilters there to learn!  I couldn't believe how much I dived right in and tried all she showed us and still more I have to continue to fill in the blanks at home now!  Mine will be an inside door hanger, no way am I using it as a runner, putting stuff on it! 😯

Edna too said she learnt so much and will practise at home and who knows we just might take the followup class one day!  Thank you Inez for the great class, Helen and Geoffrey for the scrumptious soup, your help and hospitality!  Naturally the blue washable marker is the right side, so I also took a picture of the backside to show what it will look like eventually. 😊







No comments: