Saturday, November 16, 2019

Catch Up - Nov. 11th-16th

Nov. 11th

Sheesh this world is truly going to pots with all this pussy footing on political correctness! Politicians have a lot of the blame for this on their shoulders for how our Canada is evolving into chaos! 

Just look at all those NOT punished as they are CHILDREN but allowed to trash others personal property, innocent individuals out and about getting beat up and lastly those free for alls robbing liquor marts recently.  If you're GROWN enough to do the crime then you're GROWN enough to have your face posted everywhere and accepting the penalty - not protected so they can continue unimpeded!!!!

Disgusted with Don's firing for speaking the truth!  The network should be ashamed of their decision! 😖



And then there was another post from Kirsten Gjerde also standing with Don Cherry.


Nov. 12th

YEAH!!!!! Finally at BP with Barb!!!


Hmmmmmm wonder if I still have mine!


Nov. 13th

My friend Mary, also an ex-coworker, donates her time, talent and yarns to make mitts and hats for those in need!  I thought that was a lovely idea so donated some of my yarns and Pat, my niece, gave me some of her's too to pass along!

The above ones are from Pat, the brown tweed from me. 

Others she's made recently. 

Today I handed in my three men's shirts quilt tops to the ABC program at MPQ Guild meeting!  It was a very good feeling to have completed them and now onto someone else to to finish them into quilts.


Nov. 14th

Finally I've completed my orders for tatted snowflakes, washed them and tomorrow I'll starch them and hopefully Monday into the mail and packaged for gift giving!  Center one has an angel (Large Crystal Snowflake by Vida Sunderman) with crystals and another has blue glass beads while the rest have clear glass beads (all Tatted Ice Snowflake - Be-Stitched.com).  AND one somehow got soiled and no matter what I used the stain would not come out so guess that one is mine!!!  I started these in August and still couldn't get them completed for October as I'd hoped to do!


Nov. 15th

Okay my snowflakes are all starched and blocked!  Let's hope that once is enough this time around, if not I'll have to brush more stiffener on like last time.  I would LOVE to do this process only once.  These are the two I've used and Stiffy today!



Nov. 16th

Well today was the Mystery Applique Block of the Month companion Applique Workshop at MPQ!   Boy was I ever glad to sign up for this! There were six different types of applique shown but I only focused on two that I've not done at all or very poorly.  Sorry no pictures as yet as I was busy stitching. 

I concentrated on Back Basted Applique which I've not tried before and will set aside my love of needle turn applique for this method - it's so accurate and an easy take with you project. 

The second was Invisible Machine Applique - this one was all prepped in class even if I didn't have all the "tools" and I'm hoping to finish the machine work as easily as the prepping went! 

Yes I'm very happy Marion, Tracy and Inez were our amazing very knowledgeable teachers!  NOW I can start my blocks once I decide on my fabric background!  Maybe a good cream muslin?  I know I'm going to work with my box of batik pieces for the appliques.

Hmmmm I've been noticing myself doing this lately and now am going to see if these exercises will help!

No comments: