Monday, April 01, 2019

Lace Retreat Etc

I'm totally wiped after a very busy weekend along with some unnecessary stress trying to upload some photos from Cuba so I can scrapbook my Cuban album from banana leaves. I had spent Friday trying to upload some 300 images only to have Walmart's program TIME OUT on me - it had to be online and before the 31st midnight to get the 10 cents each instead of 25 cents. So I left it to attend my Lace Retreat weekend where again frustration trying to sort out my bobbins that shifted around on moving day at Luna y Mares - GRRRR! I threatened to cut the threads, remove the mess and restart on Sunday, but the girls emphaticallysaid NO, they would help me on Sunday! Boy was I glad Florence invited me to the Jets hockey game Saturday evening as I'd had it! Too bad the Jets lost!

Thank you Donna for guiding us in this YoYo scissor fob fun workshop Saturday afternoon. 

Here's mine.

Sunday morning I uploaded some 250+ images no problem at all, now to my retreat to tackle the bobbins again. Many thanks to Anne for getting my bobbins back into order and after a few false starts I actually got some work done before my body complained. Yes many thanks to Anne and Rise for the help they gave me today. NOW the bobbins are secured and shouldn't shift at all!!!

See they are in their order and I was lacing too!

Here I am with my Cuba travel friends, Iona standing behind Donna's station. 

And Jacqui who helped me with my travel pillow and my sounding board many times!  Thank you!

Iona and her lace vest!   Lovely! 


Then home and uploaded some 200+ images only to have major errors happen and not working again - cancelled out and restarted! So after some 6 hours I finally have the rest of the images uploaded without errors or problems and 45 minutes before the deadline! SHEESH what a weekend! I definitely need the planned fresh air walk tomorrow with Edna and Michelle!

Sylvia on the left at a border fabric workshop on Saturday.   Lovely! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your work is beautiful