Saturday, April 06, 2019

Another Jammed Packed Day!

What a beautiful iffy weather day for our walk.  It started out overcast and a bit cool but finished off sunny and warmer!   Today I felt like something different, so met Edna at the Bay downtown and we walked Osborne Street, stopping in at various unique shops, to just about Jubilee before turning around to stop for our usual Borscht and cheese toast at the Oakwood Cafe.   Then we continued walking even though we'd already made my 6.5 km goal, stopping into the Mulvey Flea Market - zippo caught my eye, before heading for home!  It was not our usual pace, more like a stroll and my hip just bothered me when we stopped to check things out!  Edna suggested maybe we walk Academy Ave sometimes to check out those lovely shops - sounds good to me!



For a total of 13,386 steps!  WOW!!!

Finally I have ink and was able to print off week 12 and today I sewed it up!   I just LOVE this weekly challenge and can see one awesome Canadian type fabrics quilt for MOI next year!   Thank you ladies for all your time and expertise in this fun event! 🤩


OK this year I'm aiming for completing and delivering my ...old, new, borrowed & blue... Quilt Challenge this time around!   Also I've decided to have some fun before it's displayed at the Quilt Show.

So this time I'm also not showing my finished work until I see it on display, but am going to tease you some!   That's the kid in me having fun!  So if you're going to the show see it all finished there - that is if I finish it!!!   So mark your calendars!

Here's only part of the next section I just finished today alongwith a section I forgot earlier.  Since it was a small section I just might continue on tonight some more!




Well so much for following the pattern for my 2019 Morden Challenge.   I do not like it as is - so I've taken a picture of the stitched together top, drafted it on paper noting what I don't like and then noted how I'm changing it.   But that's for another day as I'm beat!   DANG I just hate when things don't look as nice as in the magazine!   Also it is way to big even reduced 50% in size --- that is to my liking!!!

But here are the sections stitched up.  I love my fabrics and what they represent when together.   Once fixed I pray I can quilt it accordingly! 🤪






Now relaxing watching the Jets hockey game!  Come on win this game!!!!  GO JETS GO!!!

No comments: