Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Purging Update

Well guess you can say the boys enjoyed receiving their special pillowcases I sewed up! They all got their pillows and changed the cases right there. Addyson not to sure, but she enjoyed my visit! It was nice to see you all again and sorry John that I'm losing my ASL and did the no-no of not talking to you instead of watching Meaghan signing for you. Bad me!!!

Jadon, Landon, Mason and Addyson






Then I received a reply in regards to my previous purging post.  I felt so connected with the words my wise lacemaking friend Jacqui sent that I have to share them!  Thank you Jacqui!

"Good for you.  I wish I could get a bit more motivated to start downsizing again.  I have to be in the right mood to downsize or else I end up keeping everything.  I think it is called "spinning my tires while stopped"! 

Went out for dinner last evening and then lunch today and still feel full - this must stop or will put on more weight and still feeling a bit "fullish" since Christmas.  Why is it easier to eat than lose weight?  For that matter, why is it easier to spend than save?  Why have we not built up an immune system to every virus in the world by this age?  And the big question, why do we get dementia when we are at our most intelligent time of our life from all our living experiences?  Life is a challenge and I really thought the world would become easier as we got older - guess I was wrong!"  🤔

Then I spent the evening preparing my bobbin lacemaking patterns to take with me to Cuba for our down time while chatting with Jacqui.  See I'll have two teachers at my beck and call and hopefully get the hang of this while there!

No comments: