Monday, January 07, 2019

First week of 2019

Jan. 2nd

AWESOME DAY! Edna and I walked Assiniboine Park and now enjoying Joe Black's Gingersnap Latte and freshly baked applejack!







Jan 3rd

I'm here at Thermea with Jan, Cindy and Maureen! There's a waiting list to get in but I'm not leaving! Well we gave up after not being allowed into the restaurant without checking in and there were still 10 groups ahead of us. We were getting hungry so went to Stella's to wait for our text. Well it came through like 10 minutes after ordering and it was unanimous to not go and feel rushed. We'll go another day when it's not so BUSY!!! Too bad but the point is to relax and enjoy our day there!

Jan 5th

Well I'm relaxing here at Hamish's condo and he's still not sure about me. And look what Nancy and Stefan found for Hamish to gift me for Christmas! It could be him in disguise! 💖



Here's my version of a light display that is similar to one in New Zealand! And here's Jo's photo take in New Zealand.



Jan 6th

Well good thing I wasn't going anywhere today and Hamish sure agrees!





Today

Out for an awesome balmy winter 6.5 km walk with Edna at the Forks. Some of it was agony trudging through ankle high fresh snow trails - not cleaned while bike path was cleaned down to cement! Then our lattes and cinnamon treats before I walk back to the condo and Edna buses it home! Edna scared me silly when she yiked as she slipped sideways to the ground, narrowly missing knocking her head on a rock pillar, she says she's OK and continued walking! SHEESH!




Well since I had slipped sideways on my sore ankle and it was jabbing me on the way back to the Forks I too took the Free bus around to the condo and now icing it down before some rub applied. It's sore! Guess I'll be going to Pan Am next week to get it checked out as it's bugging me more and more after my walks - strange it doesn't bother me while walking!

No comments: