Tuesday, June 19, 2018

June Catchup

June 13th

It's a lovely day for a friends walk along Wellington to Assiniboine Park and back through Wolseley for lunch at Stella's on Sherbrook.  I stopped at a small shop and found a wrap skirt cum beach cover-up for Cuba but Tall Grass Prairie was closed due to water damage so no cinnamon buns for me!



Janice, Monika and I (ex coworkers)

June 16th

OK I'm finally getting some get up and go to sew.  I finished off a large square baby bath towel (forgot to take a picture - need another for August), gathered all I need to start sandwiching/quilting the duvet tops this next month and then when at Sylvia's hopefully finishing off some table runners and crib quilts started last year.  Also finished off two tatting orders - one large tatted snowflakes order yet to start and finish off by November.  Somewhere there I need to make up some landscape postcards before mid October.


June 17th

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Florence's post about Wayne getting himself this motorcycle.  Then I thought they were just pulling my leg and teasing me about some lawn ornament that was a motorcycle but nope he won this at an event this weekend in Riverton.   Congratulations Wayne!  Then before they could load it up and take it home a local has bought it off him!  Damn but double lucky!  Good thing Florence got a picture of him beside it before returning home without the toy!


June 18th

Finally this morning Hamish stopped long enough for me to snap a picture and sat for a combing.


After our 6.81 km walk around St Boniface Edna and I are at our usual Oakwood Cafe and Bistro having our usual.  Not sure why soup after that hot walk but go figure!


After relaxing a bit I'm feeling kinda blah and treating myself to white Sangrias and a light supper.  It's only a block or so from the condo so just strolled over to Cibo's.  So far the seared mushroom one is great!  Have the cucumber n tomato w feta and the green apple n brie to try yet.  Sangria is refreshing and reminds me of Olive Garden's drinks!  Toffee salted caramel cookie stack was scrumptious!!!!  Reminded me of the awesome desserts in NZ but not quite like their's!




Bruchettas


Hmmmmmm what's with the fireworks tonight?  These are taken from their balcony - awesome view!  Was told Goldeyes baseball team won their game!




June 19th

I had a lovely visit this afternoon with Dale and Ted after delivering her palm trees.  Enjoyed a light lunch and awesome BBQ supper while stitching my bobbin lace pillow bag (thank you Dale for picking out my next strips) and watching Ted's fantastic fireworks slide show to music and sound effects!  Just beautiful.  Thank you both!



Hamish still won't sit and relax in my lap!  Silly one - maybe tomorrow he'll finally accept me.

No comments: