Sunday, June 10, 2018

A Hot One!

OMGG was it ever warm out there for low 20's but that sun was hot.  About 2 blocks into the walk I realized I didn't have my brace on, tried to turn back to go put it on, but Tuco wasn't agreeing to it,  so hope Biofreeze before leaving helps!  Glad we were mostly on the Kings Park shaded trails but both of us were sure glad to get inside.  I just about had my left hand squeezed off hanging onto Tuco while helping a silly lady who's setter was off leash on the trails and not coming to her but did come to greet Tuco.  She finally hooked it up and left while a guy with a smaller greyhound about Tuco's size came up and wanted to greet Tuco - he was so excited I wasn't sure my hand and shoulder would survive but he was very good!  When we got home Tuco wolfed down his lunch but didn't stay long before asking to go outside so I moved his bed into the tree shade and he promptly laid down!  Yep 6 km in 1 hr 16 min averaged 4.6 km/hr - but halfway through I probably could have released him he was so contented to walk by me - hardly any sniffing.  I even asked someone to take pics of us and this was what I kept.


He was only out an hour when I checked on him and he beelined for the house and has crashed since.  I think it' gonna be a quite day!

No comments: