Saturday, October 28, 2017

Thursday's Mega Drive to Dryden!

We finally got out of the city and weather wasn't too bad till just before Falcon Lake.  

Well we're at Falcon Lake waiting for the jack-knifed semi accident closure to open or we're told to somehow turn around.  The semi behind us checked if we're OK and had water with us.  So nice.  I did send a prayer to please let us through slowly but safely as I truly want to go to the retreat!  At least I have Edna and Pat with me this time.



OK  we're through that 3 hr road block, food fueled up and NOW back on the road to Dryden!  2 more hours and then bed!

Not so lucky!  We're stopped again halfway between Kenora and Vermillion Bay where this 30-40 km stretch is snow packed and horibble.  Nearing 12 hrs since I've packed and started picking others up.  Gonna be tired!!!!


We were all admiring the beautiful pucture of snow covered trees but then that could create lots of problems too for wires and roads too!

Well who knows when we'll get rolling again.  Nothing but semis and lights both ways.  Just hope we get going so I can top up before the next closure!  I've just under 1/2 tank yet.

OK this definitely is the longest usually 5 hr trip in my life - took 13 hours since leaving Pat's with mostly 60-80 km/hr speeds and TWO 3-hr long highway closures.  But my baby got us here safe and sound at 3:30 am.  Not sure what time we'll be up tomorrow!  Good night - what's left of it!

No comments: