Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Lacemaking and Road Trippin'

I'm back home from my half day road trippin' and now have time to post my lacemaking progress on part 2 of Lesson #1.  I prepared my bobbins, repinned the Lesson #1 pricking onto my pillow and hung my bobbins last night and this morning after breakie and before venturing out worked the first section.  I know I've made some mistakes - didn't quite understand what I read - and decided to leave it as is - but promptly worked as noted!  Now I'll be out most of tomorrow too so not sure if I'll be up to lacing in the evening.

All ready for the morning.


Putting bobbins etc to bed!

Wholestitch with footsides.


Late this morning we were on our way to the Big Wheel Quilt Shop in Austin with a lunch stop at Boston Pizza in Portage la Prairie.

Moi, Edna, Dianne and Jeanette

Then we continued to the Quilt Shop (by arrangement) where we all did damage and still lots available and on sale.   Afterwards it was cross country to Plumas and the Kickass Country Store.  WOW what a lovely shop, huge selection of fabrics (especially Canada 150th ones) and Wayne's awesome service - again more damage!!!


Then back to Portage la Prairie and Tim's and finally home!!!  What a BEAUTIFUL autumn day - it couldn't have been better!  The girls are all looking forward to our next road trippin excursion!!!

No comments: