Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Monday - Aug. 21st - PPF - Pinawa Hike

Well after a late start Edna and I finally got to Pinawa just as the Pathfinders (57 signed up) were getting ready to go on the hike in the steady rain.  Oooopsie just about forgot to mention before we drove into Pinawa on Hwy 211 east last year's black bear cub ran across the road.  WOW!  I used the toe protector and took an Alieve upon start and did pretty good walking with this toe.  Near the beginning of the trail I slipped on the wet rocks and needed a hand to get back up but no injuries thank goodness.  OH and totally overcast with rain so no solar eclipse for us!  Around the 8 Km mark my toe and both knees started burning and aching.  It was a beautiful walk (11.2 km in 2 hr 18 min at 4.8 km/hr) even if it was wet.  Then back to the Golf Course for our buffet lunch of soup sandwiches salad and dessert!  Yummy!  Then our Pinawa guide gave a slide presentation of their 2 month camping  tour of South Africa.  WOW!!!!





Apparently in winter families came out here to skate and picnic.   WOW!


OK here goes I'm going over on it!

I did it and this was the BESTEST one I've been on!


Edna and I have been waiting for this trip for years - I was not missing it because of a sore toe! 


One of many signs on the trail.

Awesome!

Beautiful!

WOW!


No comments: