Thursday, October 01, 2009

Doodling!

10:07 pm

WOW I can't believe it but when I'm on a roll, I guess I kept rolling!!!


Dove by JoAnn Stearn


Practice Exercise by Katia

Yes I've completed Lesson #1 exercises and now taking a rest and will work on Lesson #2 exercises over the weekend. I even used up the yucky PINK bobbin and this time wound on some nice DMC varigated purple/mauves and hopefully will make a butterfly or two for some motifs soon. I'm SURE I will not forget how to TAT after these last few days! Actually the flip is so easy NOW and I'm getting 3-4 stitches nice and even before I have to "rippit" - so I think I've got it now for sure!!!

Okay now back to some CQing on the Faces block - I've got to finish it off and into the mail.

12:30 - noonish

Okay after lunch I tried to do a variation of Butterflies are Forever Free similar to the one I was given by Maija on Sunday. And here is mine by itself and compared to our penny! I just love it.



12:07 a.m.

Okay, Wednesday evening was a mish mash of stitching etc. After work I came home and crocheted some hearts for an order, did some planning for the Faces DYB RR for tomorrows finishing off and then after a few errands out I came home and practiced some tatting again.

Doodling!!!

Okay I wasn't up to reading a new pattern and did not want PINK butterflies so I just did rings, DSs and picots thinking they would form a circle and I'd have maybe a flower. BUT I think I should have made the rings closer together so this could happen? Not sure! Maybe I should just stick to ready tested patterns!!! Apparently I didn't do the joins properly but might have started a new way??? LOL! Also I used the Aero shuttle and after perfecting my techniques with the smaller one this was a little easier to handle now too.

So anyone out there have ideas what I could use this as??? That is besides just a trim!

1 comment:

tattrldy said...

These are looking great! Love the dove, and you are getting very good with the butterflies. I'm impressed that your picots are so nice. Keep up the great work!