Sunday, October 04, 2009

Tatting - onto Lesson #2 now!

Yep yesterday after my running around doing errands I came home to a TRIPLE HEADER hockey on TV - YAHOOIE - FINALLY!!! And with that as my background music etc I read my Lesson #2 notes for tatting and started into my practice pieces.


Reversing Work


Reversing Work with Picot joins - notice Cynthia these are done right this time?

It even included an actual finished project - WOW!!! BUT I still have to practice to LOOSEN my tension - you can even see the different sizes of rings at the ends which should be the same size!!! Gosh and this was done with #10 crochet cotton, can you imagine my invisible stitches with actual tatting sized cotton???


Awareness Ribbon pattern by Lenore English - this was done in pink and I'll still make one for my friend but my pink cotton was tied up in the previous practice piece. NOW I know why I need lots of shuttles!!! ROFLOL!

BUT I made a major boo-boo like half an inch from the end (forgot to make a join) and had tightened the ring. NOW I was told it is just about impossible to undo such but I can tell you I was not dumping this piece so close to the finish!!! NO SIREE!!! Well after a while (not sure cause I didn't time it) I undid the whole ring and did it properly with the join and finished off the piece!!!

So today I'll work on the Hens and Chicks pattern after I've done some CQd blocks for my Christmas/Winter DYB RR. Yep there'll be more to come but not sure if today.

3 comments:

Art by JoyMac said...

Your doing so well....Bravo great work
Joy in OZ

Connie said...

I'm so jealous of you learning to tat. I am going to do this some day!

tattrldy said...

Congratulations on your Awareness Ribbon - and getting the ring open to fix the boo-boo! Great job.