Saturday, October 03, 2009

Debbie Q's Faces DYB RR

Finally I've finished embellishing my ideas for Debbie's block - she wanted Christmas toys and I think I've accomplished that. What do you think?


The first is just Raggedy Ann and the second she has a Gingerbread doll with her, BUT I'm not sure how to anchor her in place so will just leave her loose in the gift bag and let someone else, probably Debbie, decide that. I think I just need to get this into the mail to Leslie.

Okay I started with stitching an upper doll body and then proceeded to dress her up as best I could. Then I had to anchor her into the 3-D stitched gift bag (love this fabric).



Then the fun and games began! See I knew how I wanted to do Raggedy Ann's hair but I didn't realize the chore it was going to be BUT I think it was well worth the stuck fingers and time!!! Basically I used the "stop" technique to anchor free standing strands of glass beads and I worked from the back frontwards and even forcing some bends so they laid on the face.



Then I proceeded to embellish the block around Raggedy Ann and think she is finally finished. I sure hope Debbie likes her! I know I enjoyed stitching her up! :>)))

5 comments:

Thelma said...

Awesome work RoseAnne! Love it! Also want to congratulate you on your learning to tat. It is a wonderful time when it finally clicks isn't it?

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Wow Rose Anne! I am a big fan of Raggedy Ann and this one is perfect! (I bet it even says "I love you" on her heart like the real ones!) The hair is absolutely amazing. I had to go back again and look after reading it was beads - I have no idea how you made them behave so beautifully!
Hugs,
Kerry

Karen said...

This is so cute! Love the work you have done on this!

CarolynPhi said...

Rose Anne:

OMG, she is the cutest Raggedy Ann I've ever seen. And that hair is perfect!!! In fact, the whole thing is perfect!!!

Her face is amazing, you really captured her impish little face!!!

WOWzer!!!!!

Carolyn

Cathy said...

AHA! So THIS is the cute Raggedy Ann that everyone on the CQI list was going crazy over. No wonder - she's fabulous! GRRRREAT job, Rose Anne!! I'm so glad I finally found her! A day late & a dollar short, Cathy K.