Sunday, October 18, 2009

Busy Sunday!

Okay, I know I left this to the bitter end BUT you have to know I HATE taking time to clean and this place has gone to pots ever since I had taken on the part time job years ago. I just never seemed to get to doing anything about it since I'm back to only my main day job. Yeah my friends have tried to get me motivated but that just lasted a day or two - not enough to really make a DENT!!! See my sisters Florence and Sylvia have visited and not said much and those that have well they haven't been back!!! Well that kinda changed this weekend.

See Sylvia is coming in for a few days this time not just overnight and we've planned a "playing" session with some polymer clay - WELL - I need my table right??? So I can't believe it but I'm pooped, I just finished non-stop 2-3 hours cleaning up the fabric/crafts stuff off my kitchen table and chair and 90% is back where it belongs and the table wiped clean!!! There is my singer machine and a couple of craft containers on the end but Sylvia and I will be able to use the table and freezer to work on.

Then I had some of the left over lunch from yesterday and then head out to the laundry matt as I've decided I can do all 4-5 loads of towels and/or sheets/quilt top at once rather than 3-4 days of trying to get into my laundry room! Plus they are open Sundays, whereas we can't use the laundry Sundays so messes me up when my evenings are are busy. See I just basically did my clothes and now needed to do the stash building. And I would have been finished in 1.5 hours but dumbie here forgot about one load of towels until I was just about finished so had to wait for them to dry too! Now all are put away and ready for the company etc.

So I'm taking a breather and then will tackle the kitchen corner and clean that up and maybe if I've any energy left will sort out my stash from the couch!! Oh I even put away my various special threads and tatting supplies into those plastic shoe boxes I purchased on sale. So they stack up nice and neat and I can see exactly what is inside instead of dismantling every thing looking for that one item!!! And once I get more room in that sewing room I can stack them up one end of my pantry and VOILA - I LOVE these!

Oh yeah I need to put together my plastic tower and get all my beads put away too! Guess I've got my work cut out for me tonight!!! LOL!

2 comments:

Judy said...

When you finish your place, want to work on mine? ;-)

Jo in NZ said...

must be something in the air. I have been cleaning too....