Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm on a ROLL!!!

Okay, I'm sore and tired from being so tense but at least I'm breathing and I made another Butterfly!!! AND I definitely know that I HATE the metal shuttle and bobbin - I think I spent more time rolling the cotton back onto the bobbin than it took to make this baby and the tight grip to hold onto the bobbin - it kept slipping away!!!



Here are my first (on the right) and second (on the left) tatted projects side by side. Ain't they just lovely for a beginner - yep I'm feeling mighty good with this accomplishment!!! And I think I've got the tension a bit more even the second time around. Yep practice, practice and more practice, but not tonight now!!!

7 comments:

CarolynPhi said...

Rose Anne:

You are so cute!!!!! I can just see you jumping up and down with a beautiful tatted butterfly flapping around in each hand!!!! LOL!!!!

Great job!!!!!

CarolynPhi

Judy said...

Well, of course you got the tension better in the second one! And it will be better in the third, and about the hundredth, you will have it consistent!
But I still love your enthusiasm!

Cobi said...

well done, your butterflies look lovely. I'm using plastic shuttles, smooth curved ones and they are my favorites. once you get the hang of it, tatting is really rewarding. I love the thread with the sparkle. imagine your butterfly on a cq block with beads sewn onto every picot!

Shari said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment! So proud of you. They are lovely little flutterbys and I know you will enjoy making tons of them to put on your CQ work. Can't wait to see your edgings!

Hugs, Shari

Jane Eborall said...

Wowwwwweeeee, welcome to tat land and to becoming a tataholic!! WELL DONE.

tattrldy said...

Lookin' good! My suggestion, put the metal shuttle on a shelf for display and use the Aero or the Clover! They don't try to escape as much as the metal one does. The butterflies looks great!

Art by JoyMac said...

These butterfles are fantastic ...great job ...well done