Monday, September 28, 2009

Tatting Again?

Well I can tell you that teaching myself from the book or over the Internet was not working too well for me!!! Then I joined a local Lace Group (mostly bobbin lace makers – WOW - talk about eyecandy at the monthly meetings) and Ewa from Needlepoint Place did an awesome job of showing Michelle and I how to start off, even though she said she was a beginning tatter herself. Well after a ratio of 1 good stitch and I’m sure at least 6 bad stitches (lots of "rippits"), I think I caught on.

Well the other day I wanted to just do some simple chains, rings and picots for a dainty lace edge to the item on my Faces RR block and thought I can do this! Yeah right!!! The problem was I didn’t keep practicing every day as I was trying to catch up on other CQing work and I TOTALLY forgot everything – real dumb!

So at yesterday’s Lace meeting Maija, the "Tatting Queen" of the group, was there and she showed us her smaller shuttle and a slightly different way to hold our hands and shuttle and for some reason I understood this better. I even made RINGS – no picots yet – that’s next!!! NOW it’s to see if I remember today! Yes I brought my thread and shuttle to work so will see what I can produce shortly! LOL!

3 comments:

IsDihara said...

Keep up the practice because you are doing great for a first time tatter! Every time you pick up a shuttle you will triumph over an obstacle.

Jane Eborall said...

Well DONE. Hope tatting becomes your latest addiction!!!! There are a lot of us out here in cyberspace dying to help you.

Tatskool said...

keep it up, the rewards are beyond your wildest dreams.