Sunday, September 20, 2009

Postcard Swaps Caught Up!!!



FINALLY I've completed all postcard swaps that I was behind on and I hope the ladies all are pleased when they arrive and not so upset with my tardiness. The idea for these evolved out of the Michelle Dobrin workshop of fabric landscapes that I took through the guild. Basically using Batiks and with bobbin work followed a sketch from the back then from the front did some quilting before adding fabric paint to the rocky island and shoreline. I'm very pleased with the results.

Faye S - FAPC

MINE

Dyane D - FF

Linda B - FF

Carolyn J - FF

I've also made a couple extra and still have some tops to finish off for whatever and will be posted in My Creative Extras blog. I think I'll now sit back from signing up for anymore postcard swaps for a while and give my RRs a chance to grow. I'm in two committed RRs and then in another group "no time frame" RRs ongoing which I still don't want sitting here too long. I'm just glad my creative and stitching mojo has surfaced again and hope it sticks around forever now!!!

4 comments:

qwerty said...

Hey Rose Anne! Wow, you've been BUSY!!! Those postcards are breathtaking.........you certainly have a talent for thread stitching! These are truly beautiful. If you were to have these pics made into 'real' postcards, I'm willing to bet they'd sell very well. It's a popular subject, yet they're different enough that they require a double take - then another look and another at all the details!

Faye said...

Aida, what do you mean "real postcards"... These are REAL P/Cs, we 'Fabric P/C makers' concider our work to be very real. Rose Anne B. these are just wonderful, and I can hardly wait for mine to arrive. I have your's ready for mailing this week, so from me, your tardiness is forgiven, so as I hope is mine...
Hugz - FDS

qwerty said...

Hi Faye,

I meant paper postcards, such as those sold at tourist shops, stationers, etc. I haven't seen any fabric ones being sold there yet :) I'm also a FPC creator, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Can you do a demo of this at an Aurora meeting?
Tami :)