Sunday, March 15, 2009

Update on my Dad!

I had a lovely weekend driving wise - the weather was awesome - a bit of fog today but even that was not really bad and my visit with Dad was lovely!

As for my Dad, he's had a rough time this past three weeks, but he looks LOTS better than the picture Florence took of him in ICU mid February. He's not happy with the meals provided or his choice of workers - well we've all told him to just quit complaining cause this is the BEST he can have unless he pays for daily maid service as the girls work and can not drop everything to be there when HE wants!!! He did tell me despondently that "it looks like this is how it's got to be - oh well!" Well I just about cried, but held it together so he would not get upset and tried to keep it upbeat!

It was also awesome to hear the care workers and neighbours seeing him in the hallway or dropping in and saying that he looked lots better and not as grey - even had colour in his cheeks this weekend and he was smiling lots!!! That cheered me and I think also him too cause he repeated such to those that called too.

BUT, he definitely can not look after himself at all, but yet they say he's too good for the personal care home!!! I just pray he does not try to do things for himself and then falls and breaks something yet. He's very frail and I was afraid to hug him - I've never seen him this thin or having difficulty in breathing. Day by day I guess.

1 comment:

Joy said...

It sounds like more positive than negative with your visit. When my Dad was still living at home by himself and had home care and meal on wheels he learned real quick about complaining.

He had been complaining that they changed his home care worker and he didn't like her as much. At one point his care worker was sick so the office just called to check on him daily and he missed 2 visits.

My brother and I asked him if maybe she was sick of his complaining and took the week off?

He didn't complain much after that.