Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Stitching Some More!

Oh I definitely think I'm sick as I'm thoroughly enjoying my evenings and weekends stitching up a storm - well at least I'm not out in these frigid temps except for going to work so to speak!!! Thankfully today is was a relatively calm day as with -36C this morning it would have been unbearable with a windchill too!!! Three blocks walk can seem like forever when it's that cold!!!

So first off here's the next CQ Oriental sewing caddy RR block I'm working on - I had forgotten to take the totally "before" picture so I stopped my beading and grabbed the camera. Then I played in Paint and copied over my beading for a truer before image - just the detail in the olive fabric is distorted some. I've other plans yet for this baby so maybe next week I'll have more pics on it.



Then I stitched up my "naked" heart block for my Fabulous First RR in the CQ Intn'l group - a prerequisite before joining any other posted RRs. And I can tell you from the eyecandy I've seen within this group it is with relief that I do this before so others can see my work and hopefully feel better of sending their blocks for my embellishing. Anyways I could not resist stitching in my own web and spider and hopefully the rest will be history!





Then I also started on my October BJP postcard and am thoroughly pleased with the image and the beading I added, now just to do the embroidery and SRE. Then I'll have that one finished too and onto November's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now your heart block is in the center of Finnish winter wonderland! It stays on the table of my living room waiting for the inspiration to come. The first seam treatment is ready!!!
Love
Ritva