Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another Beaded Postcard

Yep, I've just finished October's BJP postcard (top only) and I just LOVE it!!! This one portrays FALL, a season I wish would last a lot longer!!!

This one has a shiny gold background with various cutout fabric leaves, berries and acorns bonded and embroidered in place. The berries and acorn tops have been beaded along with the Indian corn which also has SRE silken husks. Yep I really like it even though it does not have my usual spider or web on it - that's okay!!!



“Expressions of Me” ♥ Rose Anne Burdeny
Bead Journal Project
“Little beaded glimpses of a month and what it portrays for me”
October, 2008

Fall, the season I wish never ended!!! The days of such beauty that materialized so fast and with a blink of an eye gone with the wind!

RABBJP#2

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post card is beautiful and the beads just add something special. Love all the CQ you have done and Norma's butterflies...WOW!

Robin said...

OMG!!!! This is sooooooooo pleasing... colors, arangement, balance, beaded acorns and berries, beaded corn, background color, richness of the fall harvest, little whirligig seeds... everything I love about fall. Whoooeeeeeee! Oh, and I must not forget to mention your beautiful thread embroidery! Once again, Rose Anne... you've created a beauty! Robin A.

Skye said...

It's a lovely October card, very festive, perfect colors and I love the beadwork...hugs, Skye

heidibeads said...

Yes, I agree with everyone, this is beautiful, the colors, the textures and placement, beading etc. Wonderful! Can't wait to see more!

Sabine said...

You expressed the autumn mood perfectly, it is ever so nice to look at that postcard.

Sabine

Marty S said...

This is beautiful! Your love of fall shows through.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

pam T said...

I like it too! Very nice! I agree on the whole fall season, wish it lasted longer too... the colors are so pretty to work with...
I LOVE your CQ.......
pam T

Ellen said...

What a delightful page Rose Anne, you have captured the colours & feel of fall perfectly!