Thursday, July 17, 2008

Yahooie - they're done!

Okay, finally like just about 3 weeks late but my two CQd 5" unfinished blocks are completed and ready to be mailed off to their new owners tomorrow!!!

Now for some stupid reason the colours are totally off and I can't adjust them. The top left satin where they hearts are, is supposed to be a creamy sand; the bottom left sparkly where the mother of pearl buttons etc are, is supposed to be salmon; the bottom right is supposed to be natural suede; and the top right is supposed to be a dark taupe. DUH it's either the camera or my lighting in this apartment that is messing pics up.

4 comments:

Robin said...

On my monitor, the colors look sort of as you describe. Some cameras have a mode adjustment for different types of light... and it does make a difference. The best color from most digital cameras is achieved outside, but not in direct sunlight. I either take photos on high-overcast days or in the shade at around noon, when the sun is full and high. Your block look really nice!

Susan said...

The colors look perfectly as you described them. Must be your monitor that is off a bit. Great blocks!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Lovely blocks! I am intrigued by the hearts - how did you construct these?
Hugs,
Kerry

Rose Anne B said...

Thanks ladies for the compliments!
Hearts: Okay, basically I free hand embroidered the hearts and designs around them. then I very carefully picked out my bugle beads to fit the space and stitched them individually in place with seed beads between. VOILA and so different eh?