Sunday, July 13, 2008

What a SATURDAY!

Well talk about a weird day!!! It was a measly 17C today but felt like ZERO inside and out - LOL! AND pouring buckets with wind gusts apparently up to 67 km/hr (felt like 100 though). Well my niece and family arrived back, safe and sound, and first thing was weren't the workers around to seal off the eaves? I said NOPE and it's cold in the house and if it's not done soon you'll be pouring money down the drain trying to take the chill and damp out. Well I left to go home - realized I left something behind again - returned to pick it up and there's Randy with the propane heater in the addition to help warm the place up.

I left for my PJ party and had a lovely summer picnic feast and stitched some on my Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery class piece and chatted with the ladies. It was a bit different from the previous ones as there were no stitchery related games but the new owner Kathryn brought in her henna supplies and we chose our designs and she painted them on us. Now this is a first for me so I've nothing to compare this too but my hand feels funny and I can't wait till the unveiling in the morning. We all got goodie bags with various stitchery items and mine were various threads/flosses for my projects, a pattern and a gingerbread charm (Kathryn's designs are called Gingerbread - how appropriate).

Well on my way home there were branches everywhere along with water puddles and closer to home on the Legislative grounds a huge tree was busted close to the ground but thankfully not on the road. Then when I got home again I tried to check my emails and still had no connection so I called MTS and apparently there was a problem with the new MS updates and ZoneAlarm and also with my Router. So after about an hour or more by myself and then with a techie we bypassed the router and I'm reconnected. Guess I'll have to get my Internet guy to check this out but at least I'm finally reconnected to my "friends"!

No comments: