Friday, May 04, 2007

PC challenge?

Hmmmmm now what do I do??? Do I take the bait and run with it or just ponder some??? See a friend of mine has just challenged me to incorporate whatever I learn at my Landscape and Thread Embellishing Workshop with Nancy Bergman this weekend into my POSTCARDS!!! YOWL, them's big expectations, me thinks!!!

So tonight is Nancy's Trunk Show and Saturday is the first workshop of playing with fabric to create our 9 X 12 inch landscape and the Sunday it's using that created piece and machine embroidery for thread painting and some beading. My sister Sylvia really wanted to take this workshop but I was a might iffy, since I've just quit my part time job and won't have that extra cushion to fall back on. But then decided when would I have this chance to take a workshop with a professional fabric artist again!!! See a few years ago I took a fabric landscape class with Shirley Paterson in Alberta and also more recently here in Manitoba with Heather Lair but unfortunately I've not completed either works of art - on my WISPs list!!!

Well I was diligent and set aside the funds for the summer retreat and this workshop and so now I can go to both without doubts. [chuckling]

So you hadn't heard from me lately cause I've been cleaning up some and getting my supply list together and then I'll be in and out all weekend, not sure if blogging though! I'll definitely keep you posted after the fact! Oh and to the Aurora gals that are going to Morden for the Barnswallows Quilt Show and their mini retreat - HAVE FUN - will miss not joining in this year!

No comments: