Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Flower for MOI?

Oh look what came in the mail today and it brought the quickest and biggest smile to my sour face today and before I even knew who sent it too!!! It has so much within it that I'm just so curious to hear all the steps Dale Anne used here. Definitely a printed label, a stamped saying, a fabric flower with some embroidery in the centre, then echo quilting and finished off with satin stitching. Now Dale Anne have I left anything out? Oh yeah and such exquisite hand writing and on fabric backing - how do you do it???

Now the sour face is because work is just not going very smoothly for me and hindered by freezing AC temps this past few weeks and today stifling warmth that just does not sit well with me when I dressed for chilly temps!!! Then I took my ailing 35 mm SLR camera in for an estimate to get the film advance lever fixed and it's gonna cost megga - decision to make and fast. See I'm supposed to take actual "pictures" for my nephews wedding in July but really can not afford to fix this baby, at least at this summer vacation time, so what to do!!! Well I've till tomorrow afternoon before the estimate comes through to decide and then I'll have to let them know one way or the other this weekend. UGH!


Message from Dale Anne:

Glad you liked it. I used a baby wipe that was coloured by cleaning off my rubber stamps.
The centre of the silk flower is renegade French knots (Anna showed us how to make them renegade style - bigger).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post card Rose Anne, can see why you had a smile upon your lips. Sorry to hear about work problems, hope they sort out soon.
sending you warm huggles