Saturday, May 19, 2007

Oh My - I've been lapse!!!

Yep, I've not posted since Mother's Day as my dear friend just asked! {chuckling to myself}

See Monday morning I went to work as usual but kept having bouts of teary eyes but not from emotional causes. Let me tell you when you work all day on the computer and most with numbers blurriness is not fun! Tuesday was worse as my eyes, the right especially, became very irritated and periodically I would rub it and sometimes both trying to get rid of the tears etc. - started using over the counter antiboitic eye/ear drops along with very warm washcloth baths. When I woke Wednesday I knew something was definitely wrong with my right eye (swollen, red and painful - like glass/sand inside), continued with the drops and also my allergy capsules too and took the first appointment at the Dr I could get that day. He checked me out and said PINKEYE (UGH!!!) and examined my drops which I brought and told me to continue using these as a prescription one would do the same but cost more and since they stopped tearing I was okay to go. Well it wasn't until yesterday that I can honestly say the painful scratchy feeling has subsided and my eyelids aren't swollen, just a smidge puffy like after a cry! Can you imagine a week without makeup - there was no point (first tearing and then the drops) - and I hardly wear any but they all noticed!!!

SO that's why I've nothing really to BLOG (just was downright cranky and miserable). Well besides the two things I am stitching on, items that I can't show yet as one is part of my Living on the Edge challenge for my June quilting retreat and the other are fancy postcards for my two dear friends in a private swap. So I want them to receive them before I post the pics. Sorry ladies.

Also I'm trying to get my act together and pack whatever I need for a week of stitching with my sister. She's gonna crack the wet FQ and get me working on the projects (mystery quilt, 6.5" block lotto squares, All Creatures Great and Small Challenge) that I signed up for but as yet have not accomplished much on at all and we leave June 13th - not much time left. I also would like to make up some of my crocheted kitchen towels, crazy patch heart pins (3.5" size) and scissor fobs for the Garage Sale to earn some spending money for that Alberta trip.


1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

I recognize these pictures.