Sunday, May 20, 2007

1 or 4 projects finished!

Well I've completed my project "Living on the Edge" - a challenge using fabric selvedges. Yes I've been stitching my fingers off and that's litterally too - see I've stuck the eye part of the needle about 1/4 inch into the top pad of my thumb so stitching the binding on last night/this morning was torture - but it's finished. Sorry, no pics until June sometimes when the voting for Viewers Choice is finished within a specific online group.

Also I'd like to publically THANK all my online and quilting friends for their assistance in providing me with an abundance of fabric selvedges to use on this project. Without your help I'd probably still be cutting one edge off all my fabrics and making up my "fabric" from my stash. Instead I was able to finish my project with an awesome assortment of strips. Thank you all!!!

Now onto the "All Creatures Great and Small" and pack up for my week of vacation at Sylvia's (my quilting sister) to get me caught up with my projects before we start our journey west June 13th. And hopefully I'll then work on the other two projects and hopefully get them completed too!!! I'm not taking any of my other UFO's or as I like calling them WISPs (works in slow progress) like I usually do, as I know I'll not have time for them. {chuckling}

So it'll probably be another week before I can post again. Sure will miss my computer friends very very much. Hmmm maybe I should be thinking of a laptop one of these days!

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

You're welcome about the selvedges can't wait to see your project. As for a laptop, it's a great thing. I don't think I'd ever buy a desktop anymore. However, if you're at Sylvia's with a laptop, if the doesn't have internet access, you wouldn't be able to connect unless you can piggy back on someone else's connection that lives very near her.