Monday, November 13, 2006

Yep, still up at 1:30 am

It started out weird today! I woke with a head that felt like a 10 gallon pail, a fat tongue, and to boot felt like someone hit me across the nose with a bat! Sheesh it was so warm in the apartment that I even opened the windows and that did not help. Now it wasn't a hot flash even though I thought that at first too, but instead heat was just pouring out of the registers - YIKES!!! - and my thermostat was like right down. On my way out to work I ran into the caretaker and asked what's with the heat and she said the air compressor on the boiler is busted and the repair guy was heading up to fix it pronto like! When I came home after supper from work it was much cooler in here so guess things are back to normal.

Boy did I ever have quite the commotion just after 1:00 am and if anyone was in the hallway they probably are wondering what the heck set her off!!! See I received an email with some pics of a present for Linda M from her friend Joy (yep another of her bears) and was so surprised I laughed out loud for a few minutes (setting my poor head a knocking) and bringing tears to my eyes. The details are so amazing I just don't know how you do it Joy. And I mentioned to Linda that I'd love her to wait till I was back from my family Christmas before she opens it so I could be there to see her expression when she sees it. Personally I doubt she'll oblige me (and that's putting it nicely)! Oh well her hubby will take pics and they will probably be posted shortly after opening!

During the evening I completed my hardanger Christmas ornaments class homework, now I'm all set for Tuesday and the next step. And then I started on an angel hardanger ornament from the Kreinik site (lots of freebies of all crafts) and so far so good. Yep, you guessed it, I can't stop and get to bed, probably as soon as I hit a stitch I can't figure out. I sure hope this turns out as I would like to have it for an ornament exchange soon.

Okay a quick check on my emails and back to stitching or bed, not sure which will win out!

1 comment:

May Britt said...

I looked at the angel ornament on the link and it is so beautiful. Perhaps I should start sewing hardanger again. This will be a beutiful decoration on the christmas tree. I hope you show it to us when it's done.